Senior DevOps Engineer (f/m/x) | Remote possible
Who we are:
We are proud to be an independent and bootstrapped product-led tech company with more than a decade of experience. Having always been led by CEOs with a tech background we jumped on the Social Media Marketing space shuttle as early as 2009 when Facebook opened its first API. With our SaaS product, we enable, among others, derStandard, WU, Caritas, ÖBB, UNIQA to manage their Social Media channels and more than 1,000 comments a day in one place.
Who you are:
With a team of 10 developers, we are looking for a new teammate excited about cloud technologies. You will be the one in charge of our cloud architecture and we will rely on you to help us build and evolve our AWS/K8s stack, develop and continuously improve our deployment strategies and ensure observability is in place. We are in the middle of migrating all of our services to AWS and Kubernetes and you’ll be highly involved in this process. You’ll get to work with a team of experienced developers who always welcome feedback and to give one as well.
Are you ready for this?
We define ready as:
- 2 years of professional experience as a system administrator or DevOps engineer
- Working experience with:
- Monitoring/logging/alerting and troubleshooting
- Infrastructure as code: Terraform, Git/GitOps
- Building/maintaining CI/CD pipelines
- Scripting and Automation (Bash, etc.) of product deployments, infrastructure, container management, and tasks
- You are located within the Central European Timezone ± 3 hours
- If the time difference of your current location is more than CET ± 3 hours but you plan to relocate, please mention it😉
🥞 Our stack
In short, this is what our stack looks like:
- Kubernetes (Amazon EKS) - Currently in the migration to AWS, running the infrastructure on-prem and moving parts over to AWS with S2S VPN
- Backend: Mostly PHP with some NodeJS services
- Frontend: React/Typescript
- Postgres (Aurora)/ Redis / ElasticSearch(OpenSearch)
- We love SaaS 🙂 Here’s more information about our Stack
What you’ll find:
- Opportunity to advance your career and get further training. Personal budget for courses, conferences, DevOps certificates (CNCF, AWS)
- Room for own ideas and improvements to the product
- We offer you an option to work from the comfort of your own home. Also, you can join us in our Vienna office - perfect for getting the work done and enjoying some office perks, whatever you prefer the best.
- Flexible working hours
- Diversity is welcome: Our team is as international as is our audience; English is a must-have, and everything else is a bonus.
- We’re family-friendly. We guarantee the same job after returning from parental leave
- We’ll provide you with the MacBook to your liking and we’ll always include you in the decisions about choosing the right tools for the job
- Free Wiener Linien Card
- The minimum salary starts at 56,000 €, pre-tax, annually. We’re happy to overpay in re. to your level of experience!
- Financial support in case of necessary relocation
What you won’t find at Swat.io:
- Annoying micro-management
- Office politics
- Lengthy coordination and approval processes
- Monotonous tasks and boring work
- Egos and bullshit before real results
Our job posting got your attention – great! We are looking forward to getting to know you better. Show us who you are – we are interested in your personality and how you fit into our team.
Your contact is Jovana Milosevic, our Head of Development.
CV screening > Get to know us interview with Jovana and Johannes (our CEO) > Team interview(s) > Assessment/Coding challenge > Offer & Open questions
Why to Apply With us
Frequently Asked Questions
What should my application look like?
Our job posting got your attention – great! We are looking forward to getting to know you better. Show us who you are – we are interested in your personality and how you fit into our team. 🤝
Please follow the link in the job ad to upload your CV and tell us in your own words why you think you want to be part of our Swat.io Crew. We are also always happy to receive videos and/or work samples from you. If you want to send us a video, you can upload it to google drive or youtube and share the link with us.
Should my application be written in English or German?
We are an international team and our company language is English – however, certain positions require business fluent German skills (e.g. positions in Customer Support, Marketing and Sales Teams) and for those we kindly ask you to hand in your application in German. As a rule of thumb: follow the job ad's language for your application documents.
What does the recruitment process look like?
- After you have completed your application, we will contact you within 1 week with the invitation for a short call. Even if a Job Description is written in German, please don’t be surprised, that the first contact is in English as it is our company language.
- The interview: Let’s find out more about each other – our 1st round will be a 60-minute video call where you meet your future Team Manager and your People Manager.
- In-depth Interview/Trial Day: For some positions, you will receive questions and tasks from us which we ask you to work on in advance and prepare for the interview. You will get to know various colleagues from our team, present the tasks to them or work with them on tasks for your potential future role and get deep insights into how we work. During this step or afterward, you will also meet our CEO, Johannes, for a chat.
- Offer: You have convinced us with your professional and social skills and we think you will complete our team perfectly. 💕 You will then receive an offer from us which will hopefully lead to a contract signing.
- Welcome aboard! You will receive all contract documents from us and we will start to prepare your onboarding. We will pair you up with your own personal buddy so that you feel welcome right from the start and ready to reinforce our values from your first day with us!
When should I expect a response and how long does the recruitment process take?
The current average duration from application to signed contract is about 1,5 months. If you need feedback really fast, please communicate this with us from the beginning, we can consider this during our planning. Mostly closing dates for all open positions are as soon as possible, but it is more important for us to find a perfect fit.
I have an on-site appointment at the Swat.io office – are there any Covid-19 health & security regulations for interviewees?
We want to ensure the health, safety and wellbeing of our teams and of our visitors. Therefore we have decided to cancel all on-site meetings in order to reduce external contact to a minimum. Mostly all steps of our recruiting process are held online. However, some in-depth interviews and trial days will be held on-site: for those we kindly ask you to do a PCR/antigen test not later than 72/48 hours before the interview even if you are vaccinated. Please disinfect your hands regularly and keep the 1,5m social distance in between people.
I have been invited to a video interview with you – how can I prepare?
We schedule most of our video-calls with Google Meet, Zoom or Around. Make sure you are familiar with the tool if you have never used it before, ensure a steady internet connection and check your microphone/speakers.
What is the company language?
With team members from over 12 countries, we are very international. For this reason, our company language is English and all internal communications happen in English. Nevertheless, as the majority of our clients are German speaking, some teams operate in German, f.e. Finance & Operations, Marketing, Sales and Support. Communication within the company happens in English for them as well.