Why you Should Work at Swat.io
Frequently Asked Questions
What should my application look like?
Our job posting got your attention – great! We are looking forward to getting to know you better. Show us who you are – we are interested in your personality and how you fit into our team.
Please follow the link in the job ad to upload your CV and tell us in your own words why you think you want to be part of our Swat.io Crew. We are also always happy to receive videos and/or work samples from you. If you want to send us a video, you can upload it to google drive or youtube and share the link with us.
Should my application be written in English or German?
We are an international team and our company language is English – however, certain positions require business fluent German skills (e.g. positions in Customer Support, Marketing and Sales Teams) and for those we kindly ask you to hand in your application in German. As a rule of thumb: follow the job ad's language for your application documents.
What does the recruitment process look like?
- After you have completed your application, we will contact you within 1 week with the invitation for a short call. Even if a Job Description is written in German, please don’t be surprised, that the first contact is in English as it is our company language.
- The interview: Let’s find out more about each other – our 1st round will be a 60-minute video call where you meet your future Team Manager and your People Manager.
- In-depth Interview/Trial Day: For some positions, you will receive questions and tasks from us which we ask you to work on in advance and prepare for the interview. You will get to know various colleagues from our team, present the tasks to them or work with them on tasks for your potential future role and get deep insights into how we work. During this step or afterward, you will also meet our CEO, Johannes, for a chat.
- Offer: You have convinced us with your professional and social skills and we think you will complete our team perfectly. You will then receive an offer from us which will hopefully lead to a contract signing.
- Welcome aboard! You will receive all contract documents from us and we will start to prepare your onboarding. We will pair you up with your own personal buddy so that you feel welcome right from the start and ready to reinforce our values from your first day with us!
When should I expect a response and how long does the recruitment process take?
The current average duration from application to signed contract is about 1,5 months. If you need feedback really fast, please communicate this with us from the beginning, we can consider this during our planning. Mostly closing dates for all open positions are as soon as possible, but it is more important for us to find a perfect fit.
I have an on-site appointment at the Swat.io office – are there any Covid-19 health & security regulations for interviewees?
We want to ensure the health, safety and wellbeing of our teams and of our visitors. Therefore we have decided to cancel all on-site meetings in order to reduce external contact to a minimum. Mostly all steps of our recruiting process are held online. However, some in-depth interviews and trial days will be held on-site: for those we kindly ask you to do a PCR/antigen test not later than 72/48 hours before the interview even if you are vaccinated. Please disinfect your hands regularly and keep the 1,5m social distance in between people.
I have been invited to a video interview with you – how can I prepare?
We schedule most of our video-calls with Google Meet, Zoom or Around. Make sure you are familiar with the tool if you have never used it before, ensure a steady internet connection and check your microphone/speakers.
What is the company language?
With team members from over 12 countries, we are very international. For this reason, our company language is English and all internal communications happen in English. Nevertheless, as the majority of our clients are German speaking, some teams operate in German, f.e. Finance & Operations, Marketing, Sales and Support. Communication within the company happens in English for them as well.